By all means we would all like to think with clarity, be self aware and accountable. So why aren’t we? It’s all those distracting events and thoughts that have become an inevitable part of our lives. Let’s explore 4 “common life interferences” then explore strategies to overcome distractions.
#1 Opinions and Expectations of Others
Are you swayed by external opinions? For instance, have you noticed people often question your choices and actions, believing they are helping you find a better way?
- It’s essential to remember that you are the author of your own life. While seeking advice and considering different perspectives can be valuable, ultimately, you need to trust your own judgment and follow your intuition.
- Take time to reflect on your values, and what truly matters to you. When you are clear about your priorities, it becomes easier to filter out the noise and overcome distractions.
#2 Distraction-Information Overload
In a word, you live in the age of information. The constant bombardment of information causes mental clutter. How do you overcome overload?
- Take regular breaks from consuming information. Above all allow yourself time to process and reflect on new material.
- Engage in activities that promote mental well-being, for example, calm the mind by breathing with awareness or take time in nature.
- Discernment can eliminate overload. Question your thoughts and focus on what truly matters to you.
#3 Comparison and Social Pressure
Presently our world is driven by social media. Not surprisingly, what people choose to share online may not reflect their full reality. A very distracting waste of your time!
- Therefore, focus on your own path, take small steps to change and discover your best sense of self.
- Celebrate your daily achievements. No matter how small they may seem you are moving in the right direction.
- Above all, when you discover you made a mistake be kind to yourself. In truth, mistakes are learning curves to wiser choices in the future.
- Surround yourself with like-minded individuals who uplift and inspire you.
#4 Distraction- Internal Distractions
- Negative self-talk, limiting beliefs, and unresolved emotions can create a fog that prevents you from thinking clearly. These thoughts loop in your mind. Overcome these distractions with resistance.
- Talk back to those inside negative voices! You weaken them when you say, “I don’t think like that anymore!”
- Share this with the kids, tell them there is a good time to talk back! Stop the negative mind chatter with a strong reply, “I don’t think that way anymore!” Continue, each time weakens the belief.
- Asking for help is a sign of awareness and strength. Seek support from trusted friends, family, or professionals if you need help in processing and resolving emotional distractions.
In conclusion recognize the importance of finding clarity amidst the noise. With the practice of self-awareness you overcome distractions and find clarity. Begin talking about these 4 valuable practices with the kids. You are providing a space for thoughts and feelings to be heard, that’s a great place to discover clarity.
Here’s What To Discuss With The Kids
- Know what you believe in
- Reduce information overload
- Focus on your own journey
- Asking for help is a sign of awareness and strength
Try our Parent Masterclass, “It’s Your Thoughts That Get The Results” a powerful online course to take your thinking to another level and then teach your kids to do the same. https://lifeingredients.com/courses/#thoughtsforadults
We invite you to join us at Hey Grown-Ups our parent facebook group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/heygrownups
Use our online wellness program and practice with your children how to over ride negative thoughts. Discover our library and learn more about us: https://lifeingredients.com/about-us.